The price increases of energy, electricity and distribution affect the vulnerable households the most who may have challenges in managing their energy bills. The ongoing research project ASSIST trains energy tutors, who understand the basic tricks in energy saving and are able to advice others. Become an energy tutor now! ASSIST project offers free-of-charge trainings for Aalto university students. The energy tutor trainings are suitable for everyone. There are s no prerequisite for previous studies or experience.
1) Attends one training session, etiher on Monday 23.9.2019 at 17–19 o'clock (in Finnish) or Thursday 26.09. at 17–19 o'clock (in English) in Design Factory "Engine room" OR studies the online learning material (40 hours, in Finnish) at https://www.assist2gether.eu /fin home
2) Makes one advisory home visit by Monday 30.10.2019 to a relative low-income Finnish household. During tutoring visits a form will filled up, whose purpose is to assess the abilities of the household to save in their energy costs and their possibilities to increase energy efficiency.
Energy tutor gets
1) Basic understanding about the home energy bill composition and capabilities to advise different types of households
2) Valuable record to the CV about meaningful voluntary activity
3) Energy tutor diploma
4) Free-choice movie ticket to Finnkino or Bio Korjaamo. Tutors that do multiple house visits attend into a raffle for special surprise price
The objective of the ASSIST project is to support low income European households in energy cost management and everyday energy consumption management, and collect information about the possible energy frugality and provide research results to policy makers. Target customers are energy frugal households who are suffering e.g. from increasing electricity transfer costs.
Enrollment (limited amount of seats) by 18 September for Dr. Sini Numminen, email@example.com +358 449 066 826.
Energy Tutors Facebook-group: @energiatuutorit
17:00–17:05 Purpose of the training
17:05–17:15 Energy frugality, energy saving, energy efficiency, energy price and trends
17:15–17:35 Thousands of energy saving tips and collections
17:35–50 Different energy expenses at different households
17:50–18:05 Break: Snacks and drinks
18:05–18:20 Reducing the energy invoice
18:20–18:25 Meanings and messages behind the energy efficiency labels
18:25–18:40 Energy tutor visits
18:40–18:45 Links to good energy saving materials and repair and advisory services
18:45–18:50 Questions, answers and feedback
18:50 End of training